|Copyright Peter Giling|
To complete the D-connector type set of mergCBUS Pcboards, this is the DCC Command Station.
It features all that is on the original CAN CMD, but with a few firmware and hardware adaptions to easy interconnect with CAN-GC1 and CAN-GC2.
The mergCBUS CAB1 is 100% compatible to be used with this programmer.
The slightly larger CAN-GC5, without SMD parts is available now.
- Separate supply not needed. That is already available from CAN-GC1.
- It is possible to use CAN-GC3 as stand alone with a 15V dc supply.
- All connections and Leds in front, for easy build in your own housing.
- Booster output. RJ12 connector for connection of ORD-3 booster(s).
- RJ22 connector for direct coupling of CAN-CAB. (J3)
- 1A Internal booster. (J5)
- Programming track. (J5)
- Front switch to select between programming track and internal booster.
- Refresh stack of 32 slots.
- Optional power button.
- Mobile DCC support only. Use the CAN-GC2 for accessories.
Cable connections are explained on this page.
|1||Connection to programming rail, max 1Amp output|
|2||Programming rail power indicator|
|3||Programming rail power switch||Up is normal mode, Down is programming|
|4||Booster output power indicator|
|5||Connection for ORD-3 booster(s)|
|6||CAN bus with 12 Volt power (output)|
|7||Connector for CANCAB|
|8||CAN bus with 12V power (input)|
|9||CAN bus activitly indicator|
|11||ICSP: Programmer and optional power button.|
An optional power button can be added to the ICSP connector on pin 1 (RB7) and pin 5 (Ground).
Pin 1 is closest pin to resistors R1 and R8.
Firmware version 433 or higher is needed.
This button controls track power and reports this on the CBUS to inform Rocrail.
The current firmware does not need any configuration.
All Loco, Programming and Booster commands on the CBUS are processed by the CAN-GC3.
It is not possible to have multiple CAN-GC3's in one and the same CBUS network segment.
The CAN-GC3, CANCMD, has a fixed CanID:
Avoid using this CanID in other CAN-GCA nodes.