ORA-2 = Open Rocrail Accessory decoder for use with many systems including ORD-1
ORA-2 is a multi purpose accessory decoder, code compatible with ORA-1 and Opendecoder. It is designed to be small, but yet built with through-hole components.
- Full Rocrail support
- Compatible with ORD-1
- 8 outputs ( 4 turnouts )
- 68x50mm PCB
- NMRA-DCC compatible
- Use combined power+data (track voltage) or separate power (AC) + data (low voltage DCC or track voltage DCC)
- For solenoids and LED/lamps
- 0,5A or 1,0A current for solenoid drivers
No electrical changes since v1.0. SW1 footprint corrected.
- Kicad files:
- PCB Layout:
- Part list:
- Errata: None
- Status: Tested. Works fine. D3 (bridge) placement and mounting hole placement can be improved. F1 footprint can be improved.
- Resistors: For best result, use 1%, 1/4W, metal film resistors.
- Multifuse: This is a safety device, a self resetting fuse, a PTC resistor, to protect your equipment. Preferred type is a 0,9A hold current type, like BOURNS MF-R090.
- Smoothing capacitors: 470uF is not critical. 220uF-1000uF 50V-63V 5mm leg spacing will do fine. 4,7uF is not critical, any value 1-10uF >16V 2,5mm leg spacing will do fine
- Rectifier bridge: The bridge must sustain minimum 1,5A.
- Crystal: 10MHz for parallel capacitance. Can optionally be fixated/grounded with a spare component leg soldered to case.
|JP1||Save state, see OpenDecoder for description|
|SW_PUSH||used to set decoder in learning mode|
|When JP2+JP3 is bridged|
|→ K5 and/or K6||combined power+data (track power)|
|When JP2+JP3 is not bridged|
|→ K5||data (either track power or low voltage DCC data)|
|→ K6||power (12-18VAC)|