RC-CAB is a mobile Android client which directly connects to one of the command stations listed below. RC-CAB therefore can be used as a mobile wireless throttle without computer connection and Rocrail and is well suited for testing purposes.
- Android versions 1.6 and higher are supported.
- A permanent Code costs € 10 and is independent of a Rocrail support key. → How to get a Code
- 5 Demo minutes without an installed code.
- MERG CBUS using the CAN-GC1e interface.
- GCA101 interface. → A multicast (UDP) capable Android device is needed.
- XpressNet using the USB/Ethernet Interface
- Märklin CS2 (Untested)
- RocNet → A multicast (UDP) capable Android device is needed.
- Throttle with 28 functions.
- Accessory control.
- Programming CVs.
- Track power control.
- Keep alive for loco session and interface.
Search for “RC-CAB” in:
Note: The Ethernet Interface must have a valid MAC-Address. Otherwise, some routers or access points may refuse a connection to that device!
Select the desired connection protocol:
- CBUS → TCP/IP
- GCA101 → UDP Multicast
- Xpressnet → TCP/IP
- RocNet → UDP Multicast
Note: Not all devices are supporting UDP Multicast receive. It does not or only work partly.
Set the IP-Address and Port according the setup of the selected interface.
For use in combination with RocNet to select the default RocNetNode ID for mobile decoder commands.
The Keep screen on option avoids automatically dimming of the display.
Option for large displays to keep the throttle dialog small.
To enable the speed slider a Code is needed.
The email address field is case sensitive!
This dialog will popup after 5 demo minutes if the slider is touched/moved.
Note: In some rare cases the device has to be rebooted to get the code activated… (Samsung ACE 2)
- Flashing: Waiting for session.
The network connection.
- Flashing: Not connected.
Touch the Loco address field and key in the wanted address. Confirm with the “Done” button in the key pad.
If the key pad does not show a “Done” button the new address can be activated by a long click on the Loco address field.
An existing session will be released first.
A session has been successfully requested if the RED LED lights steady.
Release current session.
Flip track power ON/OFF.
Function group selection.
A function group contains 6 functions.
- Short events are used for the accessory commands.
- Flat addressing only.
For use in combination with RocNetNodes.
This dropdown list is automatically filled with found node IDs.
Touch the address field and key in the wanted start address. Confirm with the “Done” button in the key pad.
If the key pad does not show a “Done” button the new address can be activated by a ling click on the address field.
Programming On the Main; Write only.
- Wireless router Linksys WRT54GL
- Digitrax DCS50
- GCA101: IP = 22.214.171.124 and Port = 1235
|Archos||70 Internet Tablet||2.2.1||73||Not very reliable.|
|Archos||7 Home Tablet||Does not receive.|
|HTC||Wildfire S||2.3.5||73||Does not receive longer packets. Previous Android version did work OK.|
|Sony Ericsson||XPERIA ST21i||4.0.4||92||OK|