A block has to be used for the Turntable in auto mode to get a loco positioned on the bridge.
- Define a Block for the Turntable: http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=block-gen-en#turntable_id
- All Turntable tracks must lead to a block for use in auto mode.
- Setup all tracks with a position sensor if the used decoder does not have a feedback for “position reached”.
- All routes must be defined From track block, To turntable block.
- The turntable bridge must have a defined position side by stepper motor position or sensor; all used positions (0…47) must be addressable!
This layout file can be used to get the idea on how the turntable is used in auto mode:
turntable-example.xml (None Block Side routing.)
Track blocks are setup the same as regular blocks.
The bridge position sensors in this example are set to visible for simulation purpose, but can left unvisible in production plans.
|Track overview||Track setup|
For best locomotive positioning it is recomended to split up one rail of the bridge to get two sensors es described in chapter Turntable.
Alternatively the bridge can be left unmodified providing one sensor for an enter-in event.
All routes from and to a turntable block must define a turntable track action:
If a route is activated the turntable action is translated into a goto track command. The route waits till the turntable signals set triggered by the position sensors.
The bridge color depends on the state of the bridge sensors and are as followed:
Following example realizes an 180° swap: