|Technique||Pro's||Con's||Retrofittable||PoM CV-read||Available since|
|RFID||Easy and inexpensive, except for the readers, to put transponders in all of the roling stock for tracking.|| Restricted² communication, ID only on enter. |
Only usable fore small scale like N, larger scales will run to fast for the reader to detect.
|Digitrax Transponding||Standard LocoNet, 'Listening' by wire¹.||Mounting of transponding receivers need some special attention. Not very reliable.||No¹¹||Yes, tested||1997|
|LISSY||Standard LocoNet, easy to install, open protocol.||Restricted² communication, only info on enter.||Yes||No||2004|
| RailCom® |
|After OpenDCC grounded and implemented BiDiB it became stable and usable.||Need new DCC equipment.||No||Yes|| 2010(Tams)
|Selectrix/Müt||Selectrix and address only.||Yes||No||-|
¹) Bundling detection sections is very flexible and 'unlimited'.
¹¹) None transponding decoders will cause unwanted events, so it is a DigiTrax only solution.
²) Data transfer is only possible at the “eye to eye” moment.
PoM = Programming on the Main, also referred as OPS (Operations Mode Programming).
- Very fast, no polling but direct answer.
- If only interested in CV-Read, only one transponder receiver is needed for the whole layout. (Transponding)
- Show ident code, or loco ID if a match is found in the table, in the clients.
- Set block as reserved in case it matches a loco.
If a switch did not work, and a loco runs in an empty block in which the enter sensor is capable of identifying the loco, a swap destination will be triggered.
- The “second next block” option must be disabled.
- Blocks must have a separate enter and in events. (enter2in does not work.)
- A route must be exist to the 'wrong' block.
- The 'wrong' block may not be occupied.
- The enter sensor must be capable of recognising the loco Code.
If the block state is set to “Accept Ident” and it is not reserved or occupied:
- The block symbol will show green until an ident code is reported.
- The block cannot be reserved by automatically running locos in this state.