Rocrail can control a model train layout from one or more computers. Running trains manually or automatically is fully configurable. Many have found that running some of the trains on the layout automatically while operating others manually is most enjoyable.
Rocrail consists of two programs; The Rocrail Server and the Rocview Client. These programs communicate with each other using TCP/IP, and they do not need to be on the same computer.
Due to Rocrail's client-server architecture, control of a layout from any computer or mobile device on a home network or over the Internet is possible.
Rocrail runs on a computer connected to the layout by one of the standard computer interface setups, and supports many controllers. Click supported Command Stations for a list of currently supported Command Stations.
Rocview can also be used standalone to plan, create, and edit layouts without a physical connection to the layout.
- Modular Layout support.
- R2Rnet network support for roaming trains between multiple Rocrail servers.
- Unlimited number of sectional track diagrams.
- Supports many Command Stations
- Manual controlled signals in automatic mode.
- User defined actions to control anything.
- Fiddle Yard control with shared sensors and FiFo.
- Staging Block to use to full capacity of available space.
- Critical section support to avoid dead locks.
- Schedules for a realistic train flow.
- Random automatic control.
- BBT: Block Brake Timer. (AKA “Learning to brake”.)
- Build in Digital Direct Control Station.
- Operates an unlimited number of digital systems simultaneously.
- Only one feedback contact per block required.
- Runs on Linux, Apple Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows.
- Sensor simulation for testing without a connected model railroad.
- Extremely well supported in our Forum.
- Rocweb the Browser based client with zero install.
- andRoc: The Android throttle/client.
- Dynamic text for 'espeak' announcements.
- Track plan analyzer for finding and creating routes.
- Direct controlling Command Stations with RC-CAB using Ethernet interfaces.
- XML Scripting to simplify actions.
The name “Rocrail” and the associated logo is our trademark.
Both are official registered in Germany and the Benelux.
Copyright © 2002-2015 Robert Jan Versluis, Rocrail.net
All rights reserved.
Commercial usage needs permission.
Forum members can request source code access for compiling and/or reviewing.
- The software supports many commonly used Control Stations and even software emulation over RS232/USB.
- The Hardware is none SMD and therefore easy to build.
- There is a Forum where Rocrail Users can post questions, get answers, and just talk about their experiences using Rocrail.
- While the main language of Rocrail is currently English, there is an International Community from many Countries, and all are welcome.
- Round tables are organized at regular base.
We hope you enjoy using Rocrail. Let us know what you think! Post your feedback in the Rocrail Forum.
|To all manufacturers of commercial model railroad software: Do not lurk; Try to be innovative and creative by yourself!|