A special clock display for mergCBUS.
|Copyright Peter Giling|
Copyright© MERG and Rocrail.
Commercial use is prohibited.
The implementation of a special fastClock command in mergCBus will also need a display to make it visible.
The basic idea was using four bcd-to-7-segment chips, and connect it to any CAN-GC2.
But with all the resistors and other necessaties, the pcb board was growing out of proportion.
By using a PIC processor,several more options became available.
CAN-GC7 is now direct linked into the CAN-GC network, and will also work in standard mergCBUS system.
* Displays date and time in interval
* Displays weekdays with 7 individual leds
* Connection ready for mergCBUS and CAN-CGx
* On-board selectable for 5 or 12V mergCBUS
* Intensity adjustable via Rocrail
* Low power consumption
* Cheap displays used
Cable connections are explained on this page
In addition to the standard CAN-GCx connections with D-Type connectors, the 4 standard screw-terminals are available like in mergCBUS.
The function of each terminal is printed on PC-board and is like this:
1. +12 V or + 5 V (selectable)